Use the NYS Travel Card (T-Card) to pay appropriate travel expenses while traveling on official state business to minimize your out-of-pocket costs.

Common travel expenses include:

  • train, bus or airfare tickets
  • vehicle rentals and gas
  • meals
  • parking
  • hotel stays

Never use your T-Card for personal expenses!



Learn more about how to use and manage your travel card. WATCH:


Apply for a Travel Card

If you need to request a travel credit card, follow these steps:

  1. Request your agency’s Travel Card application link from your supervisor.
  2. Complete the digital application. Enter the approver's name and email address in the Approval section. 

The next steps in the process are:

  1. The approver will complete their portion of the application and send it forward for additional approvals.
  2. The credit card liaison will give the final approval for the application.
  3. Your new travel credit card will be mailed to the address designated by your agency 4-7 business days after the credit card liaison approves the application.

Credit cards renew every 3 years. Your card will not automatically renew if your card was never activated or not used within the last 36 months.

When you receive your new card, be sure to activate the card and set up your PIN number, so your card is ready to use. You should also register your card online following the instructions received with your card. This allows you to view and download your monthly statements and review activity on your account.

If your agency credit card liaison advises you the JP Morgan travel card application link is not available, they will supply you with a BSC Travel Card paper application to complete and submit to your supervisor. 


Manage Your Card

As a New York State employee traveling on business, you have the responsibility to manage your T-Card, including:

  • Register your card online, which allows you to review statements and track charges online.
  • Review your statements and charges online while traveling and when you return.
  • Use your card ONLY for business expenses.
  • If your card gets declined, contact JP Morgan immediately to see what the issue is and if the charge can go through.
  • If you change agencies, you will need to destroy your card and apply for a new card with your new agency.


For additional information, see the JP Morgan Chase Cardholder Quick Reference Guide to PaymentNet


Go To PaymentNEt


Remember Your Billing Zip Code!

If you are asked for your billing zip code (at a gas station, for example), remember it is the zip code your card was mailed to.


Alternative Text
Alternative Text
BSC Life Cycle of Your Travel Card Stage 3

Change Your Card

Fill out the Travel Card Change Request form if you need to update any of the following:

  • change your last name
  • reduce or restore spending limits
  • cancel a card

Once you have filled out Sections 1 and 2, send it to your business office and your agency liaison will either make the updates immediately within PaymentNet or send it to the BSC for processing.

If you are changing agencies, you need to complete a new credit card application with your new agency. Close your current card from your old agency and reconcile all charges before switching agencies.


Travel Card Change Request Form

Renew Your Card

Your T-Card expires on the last day of the expiration month listed on your card. 

Renewal Process:

  • Approximately 45 days before expiration, JP Morgan will process a renewal card. Your card will be mailed to the address designated by your agency.
  • Credit cards renew every 3 years. Your card will not automatically renew if your card was never activated or not used within the last 36 months.

Disputes & Fraud

You have 60 days from the statement date on which the charge appears to dispute any charge.

  • Travel charges that you did not authorize
  • The cost of a charge that doesn't match your records
  • Tax costs included in your bill for services that should be tax-free (ex: lodging)

First, try to reach out to the vendor to see if they can resolve the issue. If that doesn't work, then you should reach out directly to JP Morgan. 

Contact JP Morgan:

  • Call Customer Service at 1-800-270-7760 
  • Or within the PaymentNet site

 Go To PaymentNet

Lost/Stolen Card

If your card is lost or stolen, contact JP Morgan immediately at 1-800-270-7760.

Here's what you need to tell them:

  • it is a New York State-issued credit card
  • the type of card (Travel) 
  • the name on the account
  • the account number

JP Morgan will close the account and mail a replacement card to the address designated by your agency.

Travel, Procurement, NET Card Acknowledgement

Contact the BSC Credit Card Team

Still have questions? Try the BSC Help Center where you can send a question to our support team or search a database of FAQs.

Contact us by email:

Mailing Address:

BSC Credit Card Team
1220 Washington Ave
Building 5
Albany, NY 12226-1900

Contact us by fax:

(518) 485-7047