Use the NYS Travel Card (T-Card) to pay appropriate travel expenses1 while traveling on official state business to minimize your out-of-pocket costs.
Common travel expenses include:
- train, bus or airfare tickets
- vehicle rentals and gas
- hotel stays
Never use your T-Card for personal expenses!
Apply for a Travel Card
If you need to request a travel credit card, follow these steps:
- Complete the "Employee Information" section of the Travel Card application found below.
- Give it to your supervisor.
The next steps in the process are:
- Your supervisor will complete the "Supervisor Information" section and send it to your agency liaison for approval and signature. The agency liaison submits the application to the BSC.
- The BSC will process the form and order the card from Citibank.
- Your new card goes to the work address indicated on the application within 6-12 business days* after we receive your completed paperwork. The packet will come from the BSC.
When it comes time to renew your card, we will send it to you automatically.
*When you receive your new card, be sure to activate the card and set up your PIN number, so your card is ready to use. You should also register your card online by following the instructions below. This allows you to view and download your monthly statements and review recent activity on your account.
Manage Your Card
As a New York State employee traveling on business, you have the responsibility to manage your T-Card, including:
- Register your card online, which allows you to review statements and track charges online.
- Review your statements and charges online while traveling and when you return.
- Use your card ONLY for business expenses.
- If your card gets declined, contact Citibank immediately to see what the issue is and if the charge can go through.
- If you change agencies, you will need to destroy your card and submit an application for a new one with your new agency.
Remember the billing address:
Business Services Center
1220 Washington Ave.
Albany, NY 122261
Change Your Card
Fill out the Traveler Change Request form if you need to update any of the following:
- change your last name
- reduce or restore spending limits
- cancel a card
- change or add a new proxy or supervisor
Once you have filled out Section I, send it to your business office and your agency liaison will send it to the BSC.
If you are changing agencies, you need to complete a new credit card application with your new agency. Close your current card from your old agency and reconcile all charges before switching agencies.
Renew Your Card
Your T-Card expires on the last day of the expiration month listed on your card.
- Citibank sends your new card to the BSC, and we process it and confirm that an acknowledgment form1 is on file.
- Four to six weeks before your card expires you will receive an email requesting your current mailing address and an acknowledgment form if needed.
- Once you respond with the requested information, we mail your renewal card to you.
Note: Cards that were not activated or have limits set to $0 are not renewed automatically. Please contact your agency liaison if you need to renew one of these types of cards.
Disputes & Fraud
You have 60 days from the date of your statement to dispute any charges. If you find:
- Travel charges that you did not authorize
- The cost of a charge that doesn't match your records
- Tax costs included in your bill for services that should be tax-free (ex: lodging)
First, try to reach out to the vendor to see if they can resolve the issue. If that doesn't work, then you should reach out directly to Citibank.
Lost / Stolen Card
If your card is lost or stolen, contact Citibank immediately at 1-800-248-4553.
Here's what you need to tell them:
- it is a New York State-issued credit card
- the type of card (Travel)
- the name on the account
- your account number
Citibank will close the account, issue a replacement card, and mail it to the BSC. We will then reach out to you via email for a current mailing address to send your card out.
Travel, Procurement, NET Card Acknowledgement
Contact the BSC Credit Card Team
Still have questions? Try the BSC Help Center where you can send a question to our support team or search a database of FAQs.