Smiling businesswoman

Travel Approvals

Approvals Needed

If: Then you need:
Your in-state travel less is than $500 Verbal supervisor approval or your agency-specific protocol.
Your in-state travel is more than $500 Contact your Agency Finance Office for approval.
You travel out of state (regardless of cost)

Contact your Agency Finance Office for approval.


If your travel is approved and a B-1184 authorization number (approval code) is issued, you must enter the code in the "DOB" field in the header information of the expense report or attach a copy of the approved B-1184 to your expense report.

When to Contact Your Finance Office

Contact your Agency Finance Office if:

  • You didn’t book your airfare through the OGS Travel Agent Services.
  • You have any Agency-specific rules you need to follow.
  • Your lodging exceeds the GSA rate.


go to the gsa rates

download the request for finance approval form

Contact the BSC Travel Team

Please include "travel" or your expense report number in the subject line of an email.

Still have questions? Try the BSC Help Center where you can send a question to our support team or search a database of FAQs.

Contact us by email:

Mailing Address:

BSC Travel & Expense
1220 Washington Ave
Building 5, Floor 4
Albany, NY 12226-1900