Log in to SFS
All expense reports are filed through the Statewide Financial System, or SFS, so it's important to know how to use the system.
- Have your supervisor make a request to your Agency Security Administrator (ASA) to get your log on credentials.
- Make a note of your credentials in case you forget them the next time you log on.
If you selected security questions and answers when signing up and you forget your password, click on the "I forgot my password" link.
If you haven't set up your security questions, you need to contact your Agency Security Administration (ASA) or the SFS Help Desk.
The BSC is unable to reset your password so you should contact the SFS Help Desk at 518-457-7737 or by email [email protected].
When you log in to SFS for the first time, set up your security questions. This will help if you forget your password. You will be able to recover your password on your own.
To select your security questions:
- Log in to SFS.
- Click on "Main Menu" and then "My System Profile."
- Click on "Change or Set Up Forgotten Password Help."
- A pop-up box will appear and you can select the question you want to use.
- Type your answer in the "Response" box and click "OK."
- Scroll to the bottom and check the "Primary Email Account" box, pick a type of email address, and enter it.
- Click "Save" and you're all set.
If you forget your SFS password you can reset it yourself1:
- At the login screen click on "I Forgot my Password."
- Type in your "User ID" and then click the "Continue" button.
- Your security question will show and you enter the answer you previously set up.
- Click on "Email New Password."
- You will receive an email with a temporary password.
- Return to SFS, use the new password to log in, then click on the "Menu" bar at the top of the page.
- You will see the "Change My Password" link toward the bottom.
- Enter your temporary password and select a new one*.
- Confirm the new password and click on "Change Password."
*keep in mind that passwords have to be:
- at least 8 characters long
- contain 1 uppercase letter
- contain 1 lowercase letter
- have 1 number
- have 1 special character