DC-37 requires the BSC to provide a copy of your signed Health Insurance Transaction Form (PS-404). We need to get your authorization to release this document due to its sensitive nature. The failure to authorize the release may result in a disruption of your benefits.
Emblem Direct Health Payment Plan
- All New York State employees who are enrolled in health insurance are automatically sent enrollment information on the GHI Retiree Dental Plan at the time of your retirement.
- You must enroll no later than 90 days post-retirement, or immediately following the end of COBRA coverage. You will receive an enrollment form and summary of benefits after you retire, or at the end of the COBRA period. This plan is administered by Emblem Health (GHI).
- Additional information on this policy may be obtained by contacting Emblem Health at 1-800-947-0101.
More Dental Info
- Members who are eligible for a full dental benefit will be covered for 100% of the dental fee schedule.
- If you use a non-participating provider, you will be responsible for any difference between the plan’s fee schedule and the dentist’s actual charges.
- Members who are eligible for a partial dental benefit will be covered for 75% of the dental fee schedule and will be responsible for the additional 25%.
- If you use a non-participating provider, you will be responsible for any difference between the plan’s fee schedule and the dentist’s actual charges, in addition to the 25% of the allowable amount.
- The standard optical benefit is available to the member and his/her eligible dependents once every two years, measured exactly two years from the last day of service.
- The benefit consists of an eye examination, lenses, and frames.
- You have the right to opt-out of the plan’s optical benefit coverage.
- Call the Inquiry Unit at 212-815-1234 for more information.
- There are two ways of using the optical benefit - using the voucher or getting a direct reimbursement.
Contact the BSC Benefits Team
Still have questions? Try the BSC Help Center where you can send a question to our support team or search a database of FAQs.
Contact us by phone:
Contact us by email:
Human Resources, BSC Records Management
Building 5, Floor 4
W. Averell Harriman State Office Campus
1220 Washington Ave
Albany, NY 12226-1900