Draft Purchase Order
The SFS system creates a “draft purchase order" after the agency approves a requisition and it has a valid budget. We review and process the draft purchase order.
What we look for when reviewing a draft purchase order:
- The procurement followed NYS financial laws, rules & regulations.
- The purchase order has all required documents attached in SFS (valid quotes, lobbying, Certificate of Insurance, Appendix A).
- The purchase order is complete (B1184 number, PTP number, PRC number, agency contact info).
- The purchase order has the correct vendor information and pay terms.
- If this is an OGS centralized contract, the pricing and contract information is correct and the agency followed all required processes.
We process Purchase Order Change Notices (POCN) requests from agencies to update information on dispatched, stand-alone purchase orders. Changes may include line description, increases and/or decreases to quantities and dollars, coding, cancelation, etc.
For POCN inquiries or to check the status of an existing POCN please contact the BSC Finance Mailbox at [email protected] and reference “Purchasing” in the subject line.
Filenet Change Notice Process
To make a change in your Purchase Order, complete the following steps:
- Log in to Filenet.
- Click on "BSC FileNet POCN."
- Click on "Open Browse View."
- Click "Entry Templates."
- Click "PO Change Notice Entry Template."
- Select "Information about a document" from the drop-down menu.
- Keep the "local document" option in "What do you want to save?"
- Click on "Choose files."
- Browse to find the file you want to attach ad click "open."
- Your uploaded file will now show.
- Fill in all the required fields on the entry template.
You will then receive an email notification for any additional information. Future communications will happen directly in Filenet.
Fill out the form below and send it to [email protected]. The Agency Liaison sends the email request or gets a copy of the email request.
Contact the BSC Purchasing Team
Still have questions? Try the BSC Help Center where you can send a question to our support team or search a database of FAQs.