Safeguard your P-Card by taking the following precautions:
- Do not give your card number to anyone (other than for official business transaction).
- Do not photocopy your card.
- Do not include your full card number in any email correspondence.
Items that can be purchased with your P-Card include:
- Preferred Sources items
- Goods and services available through OGS statewide contracts
You may not use the Procurement Card for:
- Personal purchases not for state business
- Travel/Entertainment (i.e., airline, car rental, lodging)
- Rent for state facilities/offices
- Cash Advances
- Cash Refunds
- Formal Agency Contract Payments
All PCard transactions must be made in accordance with Article 11 of the New York State Finance Law. Please refer to the Plan Your Purchase section for additional guidance to ensure compliance before a transaction has been made.
The Life Cycle of Your Procurement Card
It is the cardholder’s responsibility to reconcile and obtain full approval of credit card transactions in the Statewide Financial System. The transactions will be available to act upon 1-3 business days after making the charges. It is important to follow internal procedures for retaining supporting documentation for the procurement record such as proof of receipt, which may be in the form of packing slips, or invoices with initials and/ or comments, or some other indication that the products/services have been satisfactorily received.
The following video will assist cardholders and approvers with:
- Reviewing PCard Policies and procedures
- Reconciling PCard transactions linked and not linked to a purchase order
- How to split transactions into multiple funding lines
- How to approve PCard transactions
- New videos coming soon for JP Morgan Chase
If you need to request a procurement credit card, follow these steps:
- Request your agency’s procurement card application link from your supervisor.
- Complete the digital application. Enter the approver's name and email address in the Approval section.
The next steps in the process are:
- The approver will complete their portion of the application and send it forward for additional approvals.
- The credit card liaison will give the final approval for the application.
- Your new procurement credit card will be mailed to the address designated by your agency 4-7 business days after the credit card liaison approves the application.
Credit cards renew every 3 years. Your card will not automatically renew if your card was never activated or not used within the last 36 months.
When you receive your new card, be sure to activate the card and set up your PIN number, so your card is ready to use. You should also register your card online following the instructions received with your card. This allows you to view and download your monthly statements and review activity on your account.
As a New York State employee, you have the responsibility to manage your P-Card, including:
- Register your card online, which allows you to review statements and track charges online.
- While traveling and upon return, review your statements and charges online.
- ONLY use your card for business expenses.
- If your card is declined, contact JP Morgan immediately to see what the issue is and if the charge can go through.
- If you change agencies, you will need to cancel your current card, destroy it, and apply for a new card with your new agency.
For additional information, see the JP Morgan Chase Cardholder Quick Reference Guide to PaymentNet.
Change Your Card
Fill out the Procurement Card Change Request form if you need to update any of the following:
- change your last name
- reduce or restore spending limits
- cancel a card
- change or add a new reconciler or approver
- update default chartfields
Once you have filled out Sections 1 and 2, send it to your business office and your agency liaison will either make the updates immediately within PaymentNet or send it to the BSC for processing.
If you are changing agencies, you need to complete a new credit card application with your new agency. Close your current card from your old agency and reconcile all charges before switching agencies.
Renew Your Card
Your P-Card expires on the last day of the expiration month listed on your card.
- Approximately 45 days before expiration, JP Morgan will process a renewal card. Your card will be mailed to the address designated by your agency.
- Note: Credit cards renew every 3 years. Your card will not automatically renew if your card was never activated or not used within the last 36 months.
Disputes and Frauds
You have 60 days from the transaction date to dispute any charges. If you find:
- charges that you did not authorize
- the cost of a charge that doesn't match your records
- tax costs included in your bill
First, try to reach out to the vendor to see if they can resolve the issue. If that doesn't work, then you should reach out directly to JP Morgan.
Contact JP Morgan:
- Call Customer Service at 1-800-270-7760
- Or within the PaymentNet site
If your card is lost or stolen, contact JP Morgan immediately at 1-800-270-7760.
Here's what you need to tell them:
- it is a New York State-issued credit card
- the type of card (Purchasing)
- the name on the account
- the account number
JP Morgan will close the account and mail a replacement card to the address designated by your agency.
Contact the BSC Credit Card Team
Still have questions? Try the BSC Help Center where you can send a question to our support team or search a database of FAQs.