Safeguard your P-Card by taking the following precautions:
- Do not give your card number to anyone (other than for official business transaction).
- Do not photocopy your card.
- Do not include your full card number in any email correspondence.
Items that can be purchased with your P-Card include:
- Preferred Sources items
- Goods and services available through OGS statewide contracts
You may not use the Procurement Card for:
- Personal purchases not for state business
- Travel/Entertainment (i.e., airline, car rental, lodging)
- Rent for state facilities/offices
- Cash Advances
- Cash Refunds
- Formal Agency Contract Payments
If you need to request a procurement credit card, follow these steps:
- Download the Procurement Card Application
- Complete the "Employee Information" section.
- Give it to your supervisor.
The next steps in the process are:
- Your supervisor will complete the "Supervisor Information" section and send it to your agency liaison for approval and signature. The agency liaison submits the application to the BSC.
- The BSC will process the form and order the card from Citibank.
- Your new card goes to the work address indicated on the application within 6-12 business days* after we receive your completed paperwork. The packet will come from the BSC.
When it comes time to renew your card, we will send it to you automatically.
*When you receive your new card, be sure to activate the card and set up your PIN number, so your card is ready to use. You should also register your card online by following the instructions below. This allows you to view and download your monthly statements and review recent activity on your account.
As a New York State employee, you have the responsibility to manage your P-Card including:
- Register your card online which allows you to review statements and track charges online.
- While traveling and upon return, review your statements and charges online.
- ONLY use your card for business expenses.
- If your card is declined, contact Citibank immediately to see what the issue is and if the charge can go through.
- If you change agencies, you will need to cancel your current card, destroy it, and submit an application for a new one with your new agency.
Remember the billing address:
Business Services Center
1220 Washington Ave.
Albany, NY 12226
Renew Your Card
Your P-Card expires on the last day of the expiration month listed on your card.
- Citibank sends your new card to the BSC, and we process it and confirm that an acknowledgment form1 is on file.
- Four to six weeks before your card expires you will receive an email requesting your current mailing address and an acknowledgment form if needed.
- Once you respond with the requested information, we mail your renewal card to you.
Note: Cards that were not activated or have limits set to $0 are not renewed automatically. Please contact your agency liaison if you need to renew one of these types of cards.
Disputes & Fraud
You have 60 days from the date of your statement to dispute any charges. If you find:
- charges that you did not authorize
- the cost of a charge that doesn't match your records
- tax costs included in your bill
First, try to reach out to the vendor to see if they can resolve the issue. If that doesn't work, then you should reach out directly to Citibank.
- Call the Customer Service Center at 1-800-790-7206
- Or within the Citibank app
Lost / Stolen Card
If your card is lost or stolen, contact Citibank immediately at 1-800-248-4553.
Here's what you need to tell them:
- it is a New York State-issued credit card
- the type of card (Purchasing)
- the name on the account
- if you have a copy of your statement tell them your account number
Citibank will close the account, issue a replacement card, and mail it to the BSC. We will then reach out to you via email for a current mailing address to send your card out.
Contact the BSC Credit Card Team
Still have questions? Try the BSC Help Center where you can send a question to our support team or search a database of FAQs.