African American woman on phone

Personal Information Update

What You Can Change

If you change any of your personal information, the BSC can help you update your personnel records, payroll data, and insurance information.

Here are the items that can be changed through the BSC:

  • last name
  • home address
  • phone number
  • email address 


1If you are changing your last name, you must submit one of the following items with your Personal Data Change (PDC) form:

  • Social Security Card
  • Valid Driver’s License
  • Passport
  • Marriage Certificate
  • Divorce Decree 
  • Court Order

How to Make a Change

Complete a Personal Data Change form and submit it to the BSC with your supporting documentation.

Updating an address in NYS Payroll Online will not update the address in all necessary state systems.  Employees who use NYSPO to change their address must still complete a Personal Data Change (PDC) form.

If these changes also apply to your insurance coverage, you must also complete and submit a Health Insurance Transaction Form (PS-404), or you can register and make updates through the Department of Civil Service's MyNYSHIP online portal.  


download the personal data change form

download the health insurance transaction form

Contact the BSC Benefits Team

Still have questions? Try the BSC Help Center where you can send a question to our support team or search a database of FAQs.

Contact us by phone:

Phone: 518-457-4272

Contact us by email:

Mailing Address:

Human Resources, BSC Records Management
Building 5, Floor 4
W. Averell Harriman State Office Campus
1220 Washington Ave
Albany, NY 12226-1900

Contact us by fax:

(518) 457-1879