African American woman working on computer

Option Transfer

What Is It?

The Option Transfer Period is when you may make changes for the upcoming year:

  • Changing your NYSHIP option
  • Enrolling in the Opt-Out program
  • Changing your PTCP election

The Option Transfer Period is announced by Civil Service each year.

How to Make a Change

During the Option Transfer period, you can make a change to your plan by submitting an online request through NYSHIP or submitting a new PS-404 form to the BSC.


    Opt-Out Program

    Note that enrollees who signed the PS-409 Opt-out Program Attestation form have attested to their eligibility and must notify the BSC when no longer eligible for coverage through other employer-sponsored health plan. Delays in notification of loss of other employer-sponsored coverage will result in a late enrollment waiting period when requesting NYSHIP coverage. Additionally, enrollees will be required to repay Opt-out incentive payments provided to them after the date of cancellation of their other employer-sponsored coverage.



Contact Business Services Center – Human Resources Department

Still have questions? Try the BSC Help Center where you can send a question to our support team or search a database of FAQs.

Contact us by email:

Mailing Address:

Business Services Center – Human Resources
1220 Washington Ave
Building 5, Floor 4
Albany, NY 12226-1900

Contact us by fax:

(518) 457-1879