What Is This Form For?
As a State Employee, Public Officer, or Appointed Official, you are required to review the Public Officers Law Sections 73, 73-a, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78 located on the NYS Joint Commission on Public Ethics (JCOPE) website.
This form verifies that you've reviewed these sections of the Public Officers law and provides documentation that you've completed an Oath of Office.
Download the Forms:
Use to document your Oath of Office which is required for all state employees and public officers.
Is This Form Mandatory?
When to Submit
You must complete and submit this form within 3 days of your start date.
How to Complete This Form
This form is fillable.
- Fill in your agency and personal information.
- Print the form.
- Complete the signatures in both the State Employee and Officers sections.
- The "Oath of Office for State Employees and Officers" can be signed without a notary present.
- The "Oath of Office for Appointed Officials" must be signed in front of a notary.
- Mail the original, signed copy.
Where to Submit This Form
BSC Benefits Administration
W. Averell Harriman State Office Campus
1220 Washington Avenue
Building 5, Floor 4
Albany, NY 12226-1900
Contact the BSC Benefits Team
Still have questions? Try the BSC Help Center where you can send a question to our support team or search a database of FAQs.