Your NY.gov ID expires 90 days from the last time it was changed or after 180 days of inactivity.
- If you have forgotten your NY.gov password or your password is expired, go to the site at my.ny.gov and select "Forgot your Password.”
- You will then be taken to a page where you will enter your username.
- Enter your NY.gov username and then click "Continue."
- Click the “I’m not a robot” box.
- Next, you will have two options - to "Reset by answering shared secret questions" or "Reset using email."
- If you choose to reset using your secret questions, you will answer a series of questions that you previously answered. After that, you will have a "Continue" button lets you set up a new password.
- If you choose to reset by email you will receive an email with a link to reset your security questions.
- Once you complete the questions you will be able to create a new password.
For more information, visit the Information Technology Services (ITS) website to see:
- A video tutorial on how to reset your password
- A video tutorial on how to set up your "Secret Questions"
- Frequently Asked Questions & more!
If you are still unable to access your NY.gov account, contact the ITS help desk:
By email: [email protected]
By phone: 1-844-891-1786