The Business Services Center (BSC) is changing the way we process requests for lease-related purchase change notices (POCNs) and one-time purchase orders related to lease spaces (OPL). Effective March 1, 2021, we will process all requests for POCNs and OPLs through FileNet. We will no longer accept change notice and OPL requests by email.
The process will be similar to the current process for requesting change notices for standalone purchase orders in FileNet. Agency requestors will enter a change notice request and upload all supporting documents directly into FileNet using the entry template which has been modified for leases. We will then process the transaction in SFS based on the agency request. All correspondence related to POCNs and OPLs will happen directly in FileNet.
Benefits of the new process include:
- Ability to track POCN and OPL requests.
- Automatic system-generated email notification for required action.
- Automatic system-generated email upon completion.
- BSC/Agency communication through FileNet.
- Ability to track processing time and report on compliance with meeting our SLA.
- Increase visibility for agencies with the ability to track the transaction throughout the process.
- Reporting capabilities.
- Capability to track aging items and address with agencies through an aging report.
If a user already has access to FileNet POCNs for standalone purchase orders, they will automatically have access to lease POCNs. No need for additional role mapping. For users that need access, the agency Finance Liaison must submit a request using the Agency BSC FileNet Role Request Form To ensure users have access by the March 1st start date, email completed forms to [email protected] with the subject line “Lease POCN Access” by February 15, 2021.
We are offering training sessions on this new process. We recommend training for both new and current FileNet users as it will cover processes unique to leases. Virtual training will be available on the following dates via SLMS.
- Tuesday, February 23, 2021 - 2:00 pm -3:00 – OGS-BSC LFT Training 022321
- Thursday, February 25, 2021 - 11:00 am -12:00 pm – OGS-BSC LFN Training 022521