Submit new W-4 and IT-2104-E forms annually
Did you know that forms claiming full exemption from Federal, State and/or Local tax withholdings expire on December 31st each year? If you want to continue to claim full exemption, you need to submit the following forms.
- For Federal taxes, submit a new form W-4 (Employee’s Withholding Certificate)
- For New York State, New York City or Yonkers taxes, submit a new form IT-2104-E (Certificate of Exemption from Withholding)
If you do not submit new forms to claim full exemption, your exemption will revert to single with zero allowances.
Options for submitting tax forms
NYS Payroll Online allows you to view and update your payroll information. It also gives you greater control in managing your tax withholdings. Specifically, Payroll Online also allows you to:
- Change your federal, state, and local tax withholdings;
- “Go paperless” by opting out of receiving paper pay stubs;
- View and print your pay statements;
- Verify your direct deposit information; and,
- Update your e-mail address.
For more information, including step-by-step instructions on how to enroll in NYSPO, please refer to the New York State Payroll Online Overview.
Employees can also submit completed forms to the BSC through one of the following: Email: [email protected] or Fax: 518-457-1879 or Mail: BSC Payroll, W. Averell Harriman State Office Campus, 1220 Washington Avenue, Building 5, Floor 4, Albany, NY 12226-1900.
For any questions regarding this BSC communication, please email [email protected] or call (518) 457-4272.