What Is it?
An employment verification letter, or proof of employment, indicates that you are a New York State employee and in some cases states your salary. Here are some instances when you might need it:
- Applying for a mortgage
- Moving into a new apartment
- Proof of employment for a green card
- Loan approvals
- NYS Housing Authority certifications
- Reference checks
- Daycare application
- Other immigration proof
What Is the Process?
If you need an employment verification letter:
- The company, bank, or financial institution you are working with will send you the request.
- Sign the letter to authorize the BSC to release your information.
- You may sign the letter at their office and have them send the request to us with your authorization already completed.
- Send the original, signed letter to the BSC Payroll team (contact information below).
- You may request a copy of the letter.
- We will return the original letter directly to the business requesting the information.
- Once we receive a complete request, it takes 7-10 business days for the BSC to process the request.
- Have the forms sent to the BSC as soon as possible.
- Plan as early as you can - don't wait!
Contact the BSC Payroll Team
Still have questions? Try the BSC Help Center where you can send a question to our support team or search a database of FAQs.