About General Requisitions
A general purchase requisition is used to initiate a request for goods or services in the Statewide Financial System (SFS). General requisitions are used for preferred source, centralized contract, agency purchase authorization contract, or open market requests. The Business Services Center (BSC) supports the agency processing of general requisitions to purchase orders. While the BSC does not have a role in the requisition process, we are available to support agencies with procedural and processing questions.
How to Create a General Requisition
Two methods can be used to create a general requisition in SFS:
- Special request: The purchasing specifics are manually entered by the requestor.
- eMarketplace: The NYS eMarketplace is an online shopping website accessed via SFS and used to order items associated to Preferred Source and New York State Centralized Contracts. Using emarketplace allows for minimal data entry as purchase specifics are populated based on the data supplied in emarketplace.
For training on how to create a requisition, access the SFS Coach course "Requisition 205" self-paced training by following these steps:
- Log into SFS and click on the SFS Coach tile on the Homepage.
- In the "Process Area" field, enter "Req."
- In the “Training Material” field, enter "Requisition 205." Click "Search".