The Business Services Center (BSC) is dedicated to becoming:
- The premier partner for contributing to the success of our customer agencies through best-in-class shared services
- A leader of excellence, recognized nationally for how business is done in New York State
- An employer of choice for New York State employees
The Business Services Center provides shared services to standardize Human Resources and Finance transactions for New York State. Our efforts increase efficiencies, lower costs, and support agencies as they focus on core mission activities. Services are delivered by a highly motivated workforce committed to providing exceptional customer service.
- To serve New Yorkers better by giving each customer and business partner more time to focus on mission-critical activities by centralizing processing of transactional finance, human resources and other centralized services in the BSC.
- To simplify and streamline processes through innovation with focused attention to customer service.
- To make the BSC a great place to work by engaging the full talent and creativity of New York State employees and to build an innovative office from the ground-up with professional development opportunities for all BSC staff.
In the 2012-13 Executive Budget, Governor Andrew Cuomo called for the establishment of a Business Services Center as one initiative in his plan to re-imagine and re-invent state government operations to increase the efficiency and effectiveness by standardizing and streamlining transactional Human Resources (HR) and Finance services that are common across agencies. The BSC was launched on September 27, 2012 and continues to evolve.
The BSC provides both HR and Finance transactional services. In HR the BSC offers Benefits Administration, Payroll, Personnel Administration, and Time & Attendance services. On the Finance side, the BSC provides Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Credit Card Administration, Purchasing and Travel & Expense.
To learn more about the BSC, follow the links below: